Happy new year! I hope you had a great start to the new year. May 2018 bring peace, good health and prosperity.
I had a quiet New Year’s Eve as I had to work the next day on New Year’s Day. I had a lovely dinner though with my family for NYE at Zak’s Greek Restaurant. My sister kept complaining that the food wasn’t authentic enough as it needed more flavour. I haven’t been to Greece so I don’t really know what Greek food is suppose to taste like (it’s not my favourite cuisine) so I thought it was good. Service wasn’t that great but it was nice atmosphere, good food and good company.
It was just nice spending time with family followed by a lovely stroll (my sister and brother-in-law left after dinner because of the kids) along the lake to watch the sunset. I then came home after dropping my aunty off, had a shower, got changed into my pyjamas, watched New Year’s Eve movie on Netflix and then watched the New Year’s Eve countdown that was held in Sydney. I stayed up until midnight but I probably should have gone to bed earlier as I started work at 7:30 AM. Sydney has the best fireworks display in the whole of Australia so I was happy to be watching that. I watched two fireworks display both in different cities. It would be amazing to watch the ball drop in New York Times Square. I will one day do that. It was a bit weird being on your own for New Year’s Eve but I didn’t think about it too much and just enjoyed the moment. What did you do for NYE?
Anyways, I will start my blog for the year by doing a New Year’s Resolution post. I have done this before in my old blogs but I thought I’d do it for this blog. My new blog for 2018! I have changed the theme and hopefully made it better! I will try not change it too much and stick to blogging (that is one of my new year’s resolutions!).
New Year’s Resolutions 2018:
- Get a second job – I realised last year I needed to get a second job for back up. I love my current job in aged care so I don’t want to leave it just yet so I am hoping I can just get a second job maybe in hospitality, business admin or in another aged care position to make it up to full-time hours as I am only working par-time hours in a casual position. I will be looking this year if I don’t procrastinate.
- Learn something new – I was thinking of learning a new language like Korean as I want to go to South Korea this year. So I am planning to go to a beginners class to learn Korean this year. Even though last year I was learning it through an app but I don’t think it’s the same as learning it in class. I also want to try a new activity. I guess I started doing that already which was learning how to play Donkey Kong Country Returns that I bought last year. I never played it so I played it today on Wii and it was so much fun but also tiring. I don’t know how gamers can play video games for five hours straight. Hats off to them!
- Be more positive – I say this every year but I want to be more positive this year. Last year I was quite depressed due to my Endometriosis, my grandma passing away and my outlook on life was not good so I want to be more positive this year. I have to keep reframing my thoughts, be grateful everyday and give myself affirmations or special treats once in a while.
- Don’t let anxiety get to you – My anxiety was quite bad last year so I don’t want it to get to me this year. I was worrying too much about unnecessary things especially about the future and catastrophising. I need to stay calm, take deep breaths, think positive, and say yes to things more. Don’t let anxiety hold you back.
- Travel more – I want to travel more this year as I didn’t get too last year even though I did go to Taiwan, Malaysia, Sydney and Melbourne in 2017. However, I still felt I did more traveling in 2016 then I did in 2017 so I want to do more this year. I am planning to go to Singapore, South Korea, and Brisbane this year. On my bucket list I want to have a White Christmas and see snow in real life so I am thinking of doing that this year. It depends if I go to South Korea this year or not. If I go to South Korea then I will have a white Christmas in London another year but if I don’t then I will go to London to have a white Christmas this year if I have the time and money. I can go to London by myself but to South Korea I would probably need to go with someone. That’s my goal but if it doesn’t happen that’s okay there’s always the year after.
- Be kind to others and to yourself – I am normally kind to others but not really kind to myself. I give myself a hard time so I want to do be kinder to myself this year. And don’t let my pain affect me or don’t hate myself because of my pain. I’ll tell myself it’s okay to make mistakes that I am a normal person and that I am good enough.
- Exercise more – Go back to Body Balance and Tai Chi every week as I didn’t really last year. I also need to do stretches from my physio every day, go for walks more, do weights to build my arm strength up, and do tummy exercises every day too.
- Cook more – I started doing that already towards the end of last year in 2017 as I have been enjoying cooking from Jamie Oliver’s 5 ingredients recipe book. There’s only five ingredients and it’s quick and easy. I plan to cook more this year though.
- Read more books – I have been listening to audiobooks from audible.com but it’s not the same as flipping through pages and having a paperback book in your hand. I borrow books from the library but then I don’t end up reading them because I have no patience for it or don’t have the time so I need to make time to read more books this year.
- Save more money – I had trouble saving money last year as I took a lot of time off for annual leave and sick leave so I plan to save more money this year. I try to put money in my cash management account each fortnight and try not to spend too much on unnecessary things. I do budget and I have a spreadsheet that I update every week so I know how much I spend every month. That way I won’t spend so much the following month. However, I just bought myself a Kate Spade handbag that I just fell in love with as it was my favourite colour and it looked really nice. It was already discounted from it’s original price then I got another 40% off for it so I took advantage of it. It was a special treat to myself after all that I had gone through last year!
- Spend more time outside – I am not an outdoor person but I want to spend more time in my garden, at the beach or at the park this year.
- Blog more – I am going to try to blog everyday. I missed blogging last year as I didn’t stick to it so I want to keep up with blogging this year by making it a goal to blog every day. Wish me luck!
- Drink 8 glasses of water every day – finally I realised I don’t drink enough water so I want to make it my goal to do so every day. It’s way to stay healthy, hydrated and cool.
Well, I hope this will inspire you with your New Year’s Resolutions. Let me know if you do New Year’s Resolution or if you don’t. I like doing them as it gives you a plan or a goal in advance. You say that you can do it any day of the year but if you start thinking of it now then you will definitely do them. If you say you are too old to do them then that’s rubbish as everyone has something that they can improve on. You are never too old when it comes to improving yourself. I am going to try to tick it all off this year as I don’t normally complete it but in 2018 I will. It’s time for a change! Bring on 2018!
Love Nat xo